1/2 Photos of Copycat Boiling Crab Recipe
Gillian Spence's Note:
This recipe attempts to recreate the Cajun crawfish recipe served at Vietnamese restaurants in Little Saigon like The Boiling Crab, Claws, or The Crawfish House. It's what's known as Asian fusion, and the recipes are kept top secret. Buy 1-2 pounds of crawfish per person.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups margarine
- 1 bag louisiana crawfish, Crab, and Shrimp boil
- cayenne pepper
- mccormick bayou cajun seasoning
- lemon pepper
- Old Bay Seasoning
- louisiana hot sauce
- 8 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 8 lbs crawfish, live
- 1 lb red potatoes, halved
- 8 ears white corn
- 1 lb smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch segments
- 1Pour live crawfish into a washtub or ice chest; cover with water. Drain. Repeat 3 to 4 times until crawfish are clean. Drain. Discard any dead crawfish and debris.
- 2Cook crawfish by boiling in hot water with the Louisiana Crawfish Boil, quartered lemon, potatoes, corn and sausage (add potatoes, corn, and sausage 15 minutes prior to crawfish). While they are cooking make the sauce:.
- 3Melt the margarine over low heat in a large saucepan. Add garlic and saute until translucent.
- 4NOTE: This will get salty fast with the Cajun seasoning and Old Bay, so add them in tiny, tiny amounts. Add Cajun Seasoning, Old Bay, cayenne pepper (start with 3 t. then add more for spiciness), lemon pepper, paprika, and liberally add Louisiana Hot Sauce. When you have the mixture right, add a tiny bit of lemon juice (roughly 1/4 lemon).
- 5Simmer for 10 minutes and check for flavor. Add more cayenne, paprika, or hot sauce as desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Boiling Crab Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (965 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2196.4
- Calories from Fat 1233
- Total Fat 137.0 g
- Saturated Fat 31.7 g
- Cholesterol 1311.5 mg
- Sodium 2932.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 181.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: