Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this salad!! So good, and just perfect in the summer. Definitely a full meal. This makes one lunch-size version of the cobb salad at Bob Evans. The onion used to be in the cobb salad, but then they took it out. I think it's really good in the salad though. The restaurant version has 13 ww points for this size. Prep time assumes chicken and egg are cooked.
- 2 cups iceberg mixed salad greens
- 1 hard-boiled egg, quatered
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
- 1⁄4 bacon bits
- 1⁄4 shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion (optional)
- 3 ounces cooked chicken breasts, chopped, warmed
- 2 large lettuce leaves, garnish
- Line a large bowl with large lettuce leaves.
- Add salad mix.
- Top with remaining ingredients, arranging attractively.
- Top with favorite salad dressing; I like ranch or blue cheese dressings.
Made this Cobb Salad for dinner a few evenings ago, and it was absolutely delicious. I have an aversion to raw onion, so I switched out that ingredient for chopped red pepper and added a row of sliced avocado. I topped it off with homemade Italian dressing found within the Casa D'Angelo Salad II and it went perfectly!
Delish! I have always loved cobb salads and this recipe was super easy and lovely to look at - as you can see in the photo. I doubled the recipe and served with a choice of balsamic vinagrette or creamy bleu cheese dressing. I grilled the chicken on the bbq and also added some avocado instead of the cheddar cheese. Thanks for sharing this delicious and easy salad!