1/1 Photo of Copycat Blueberry Coffee Cake
Recipe for coffeecake served at a popular restaurant near Stanford University.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups sifted unbleached flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (If frozen is all you have, thaw them before mixing into batter.)
- vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Oil a 9-in square baking pan (you can also use an 8-in square pan, or anything of similar surface area, if you increase the baking time by about 5 minutes).
- 3In a large mixing bowl, sift flour with baking powder, baking soda, salt, and 1 cup of sugar.
- 4In a separate bowl beat together the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla.
- 5Add egg mixture to flour mixture and beat until smooth.
- 6Spread the batter in the pan.
- 7If you are using fruit or nuts, scatter them over the batter and stir a little bit so that they stay in the top layer.
- 8In a small bowl, mix 5 T sugar with the butter and cinammon with a sturdy fork, until they are blended and resemble cornmeal (you should have a mixture of fine crumbs, not a smooth mixture).
- 9Sprinkle topping over batter.
- 10Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a clean toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out dry.
- 11Serve warm.
- 12The restaurant serves generous squares with a lump of butter melting into the top.
- 13For the full effect, drink cinnamon-orange-clove tea with it.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Blueberry Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 644.3
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 146.3 mg
- Sodium 591.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 106.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 67.0 g
- Protein 9.9 g