Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This works great for biscuits. I haven't tried it yet for pancakes or waffles, but I bet it's good for those, too. Let me know in a review if you try them for pancakes or waffles.
- 8 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups instant powdered milk
- 1⁄4 cup baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable shortening
- Stir together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in the shortening using a pastry cutter or your hands until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Store in the fridge for longer shelf life.
Scaled the recipe down to 1 1/2 cups, replaced the shortening with bacon fat (out of my Spectrum's shortening) and replaced the powdered milk with powdered buttermilk to make this: Weird Irish Soda Bread This mix is made as needed for baking since Bisquick is something I don't use often. MUCH BETTER than store bought in several ways. Thank you!