Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
there is a Cafe the local's rave about run by a bloke named bill granger, he is famous for his scrambled eggs. but industry goss is they are the invention of our local vouge entertaining magazine editor...
- 250 g plain all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 250 g caster sugar (superfine)
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 175 g good-quality dark chocolate chips or 175 g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Sift the flour and baking powder.
- into a.
- large bowl.
- Mix the butter, sugar, banana, eggs, vanilla extract and chocolate chips in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine, being careful not to overmix.
- Pour the batter into a non-stick, or lightly greased and floured, 19 x 11 cm (71/2 x 41/2 inch) loaf tin and bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the bread is cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve in thick slices with butter.