Recipe by Kay D.
This is a copycat version of Applebee's famous quesadillas. Using the Pico de Gallo Pico de Gallo (thank you EdsGirl), you won't be able to tell the difference between these and the ones from the restaurant. Please note, the recipe is for one serving, adjust accordingly to suit your needs.
- 1 tablespoon hormel real bacon bits (black label)
- 2 8-inch flour tortillas
- softened butter (for spreading on tortillas)
- 1 tablespoon pico de gallo
- 1⁄4 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese
- sour cream, for dipping (optional)
- salsa, for dipping (optional)
- guacamole, for dipping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Be sure to have everything handy, as these move quickly.
- Spread butter lightly on one side of flour tortilla.
- Place buttered side down on heated non-stick skillet.
- Immediately add bacon bits, cover with cheese and spoon on pico de gallo.
- Spread butter lightly on one side of another flour tortilla.
- Place second tortilla buttered side UP on top of fixings in skillet.
- Check underside of first flour tortilla.
- If browned to your satisfaction, carefully flip quesadilla over to brown second tortilla.
- When second tortilla is browned sufficiently, remove quesadilla from skillet.
- Serve warm, with dipping condiments of your choice.