1/3 Photos of Copycat Applebee's Low-Fat Blackened Chicken Salad
Adapted from Top Secret Recipes. Love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise (or try sour cream!)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Cajun Spice Blend
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 2Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl.Mix well with spoon, and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- 4Combine water, lime juice,soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl and stir. Add chicken breasts to the marinade and cover and keep in refrigerator several hours to overnight.
- 5When chicken is marinated, heat an iron skillet(or frying pan) over medium heat. Now is the time to fire up the grill.
- 6Combine Cajun spice ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle a teaspoon of the spice over one side of each of the chicken breasts. Make sure to cover the entire suface.
- 7Melt the butter in the hot pan, then sear the spiced side of the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes. Put 1 teaspoons of the spice on the chicken breast that is not covered. Turn the chicken over and sear that side for another 2 to 3 minutes. The surface of the chicken will be coated with a charred, black layer of flavor.
- 8Finish the chicken off on the grill, grilling for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or till cooked through.
- 9While chicken is grilling, make the salad. Split the lettuce into two large bowls. Toss in the red cabbage and carrots, and beans if using. Mix the cheeses together and top the salad along with the diced egg white. Sprinkle each salad with diced tomato.
- 10Slice the chicken breast in 1/2" long slices. Place the slices on top of the salad and serve with dressing on the side. Enjoy!
- 11Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Applebee's Low-Fat Blackened Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (941 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 632.1
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 106.4 mg
- Sodium 3977.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 50.7 g
- Protein 44.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese