Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from Top Secret Recipes. Love this!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
This was exciting since blackening the chicken made my whole kitchen fill with smoke and I had to open the windows!! Next time I will follow the directions and grill it outside instead of trying to finish the chicken in the skillet. :-) The cajun spice rub is really good!
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise (or try sour cream!)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Cajun Spice Blend
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce (or blend of mixed lettuces)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup black beans (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 hard boiled egg white, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl.Mix well with spoon, and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Combine water, lime juice,soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl and stir. Add chicken breasts to the marinade and cover and keep in refrigerator several hours to overnight.
- When chicken is marinated, heat an iron skillet(or frying pan) over medium heat. Now is the time to fire up the grill.
- Combine Cajun spice ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle a teaspoon of the spice over one side of each of the chicken breasts. Make sure to cover the entire suface.
- Melt the butter in the hot pan, then sear the spiced side of the chicken breasts for 2 to 3 minutes. Put 1 teaspoons of the spice on the chicken breast that is not covered. Turn the chicken over and sear that side for another 2 to 3 minutes. The surface of the chicken will be coated with a charred, black layer of flavor.
- Finish the chicken off on the grill, grilling for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or till cooked through.
- While chicken is grilling, make the salad. Split the lettuce into two large bowls. Toss in the red cabbage and carrots, and beans if using. Mix the cheeses together and top the salad along with the diced egg white. Sprinkle each salad with diced tomato.
- Slice the chicken breast in 1/2" long slices. Place the slices on top of the salad and serve with dressing on the side. Enjoy!
- Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com.