Recipe by HeatherFeather
This recipe had been sitting in my recipe box for several years waiting for me to give it a try and I am so glad I finally got around to tasting it. The magazine clipping claims that this is a recipe used by the chef on the US President's official plane, Air Force One. This is so very juicy and so scrumptious.
Top Review by Latchy
I will fly on this airline anytime. I didn't have Italian seasoned breadcrumbs so added Italian seasoning to breadcrumbs. I do think the lemon zest together with the Italian seasoning makes this the best veal schnitzel I have had. I served this with a baked potato with sour cream and mixed salad leaves and it was food fit for a king. Would work really well with chicken, which I will try next time.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veal cutlets or 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded very thin
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons sweet unsalted butter, to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs and lemon zest together in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and melt some butter in it (as much or as little as you prefer- use less if using a nonstick skillet).
- While butter is melting, dip veal pieces into egg mixture, then coat with crumbs mixture.
- Pan fry in melted butter until cooked through, just a few minutes per side (time will vary based on how thinly you have pounded your cutlets)- until cooked through and no longer pink inside, but still juicy.
- Season with salt& pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with a bit of fresh lemon juice to taste and serve immediately.