- 1 lb ground chuck
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin (heaping)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2 quart saucepan, brown the ground chuck, breaking into very small pieces.
- Salt and pepper lightly while cooking. Do not drain the fat.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, uncovered, 30−45 minutes until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Allow to cool, cover,and refrigerate until ready to use.