Recipe by jnavarrete
This is a copy cat for Red Lobster's Aztec Chicken. This is from an EHow recipe by Maria Scinto.
- 1⁄4 cup chipotle chile in adobo
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 whole chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chiles in adobo, the olive oil and the garlic cloves in a food processor or blender and form a paste.
- Once the paste is formed, add the remaining ingredients and continue to process.
- Keep 1/4 cup of the paste aside. You will use this to baste the chicken during it's cooking phase.
- Place the chicken breasts in a baking dish and cover with the remaining paste. Cover and refrigerate.
- Grill the chicken breasts and baste with the remaining paste.
- Once finished, place it over fried tortilla strips and cover with tequila lime sauce, pico, and or sour cream.