Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is based on a recipe from "Mrs Fields Best Ever Cookie Book" with added instructions on how to toast the pecans.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- * Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To toast pecans, put them on a baking sheet and toast them just until they become aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- You have to watch them carefully as they are easily scorched.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar together with a mixer set at medium speed. Beat in the eggs and vanilla until just mixed together.
- Add the flour mixture, chocolate chips , and tosted pecans . Mix in at low speed until just mixed together.
- Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons 2 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes depending on your oven.
- Bake until the cookie is golden.
- Wait 1 minute and transfer the cookies to a wire rack to cool.
We made these cookies for Santa. The recipe makes a good cookie airy and moist. These were not too sweet as most mall cookies tend to be. I reduced the stars because the baking instructions produces a flat cookie that takes 20 minutes to cook but does not produce that crispy edge I like on a cookie. I suggest to not reduce the temperature but rather reduce the time to 10 to 12 ,minutes for fresh cookie dough and 15 minutes for refrigerated dough.