Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
almost like the restaurant, but even though not exactly they are still good
- 20 small red potatoes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups evaporated milk (keep cold)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- Boil potatoes for five (5) minutes let sit in hot water while making sauce. Melt butter on a separate pan.
- Add flour to the butter and stir for one (1) minute.
- Add cold milk to the mixture 1 cup at a time.
- Make sure the milk is cold to avoid lumps.
- Stir in low heat until completely mixed, then, add parsley.
- Add garlic powder. Stir for 2 minutes.
- The amount will depend on how much garlic flavor you can take.
- Add about 1 teaspoon, you can add more if you prefer it to be more garlicky.
- Make sure you don’t put too much garlic powder. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a very bitter sauce.
- Remove sauce from heat, then, add 1 cup of cheese. Mix until the cheese melts.
- Add cheese and wait for it to melt again before adding the last cup.
- Cut boiled potatoes in half. Then, add to garlic cheese sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.