Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
almost like the restaurant, but even though not exactly they are still good
Make and share this Copy Cat Kenny Rogers Roasters Cheese & Garlic Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- Boil potatoes for five (5) minutes let sit in hot water while making sauce. Melt butter on a separate pan.
- Add flour to the butter and stir for one (1) minute.
- Add cold milk to the mixture 1 cup at a time.
- Make sure the milk is cold to avoid lumps.
- Stir in low heat until completely mixed, then, add parsley.
- Add garlic powder. Stir for 2 minutes.
- The amount will depend on how much garlic flavor you can take.
- Add about 1 teaspoon, you can add more if you prefer it to be more garlicky.
- Make sure you don’t put too much garlic powder. Otherwise, you’ll end up with a very bitter sauce.
- Remove sauce from heat, then, add 1 cup of cheese. Mix until the cheese melts.
- Add cheese and wait for it to melt again before adding the last cup.
- Cut boiled potatoes in half. Then, add to garlic cheese sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.