Recipe by lazyme
From Ray's Boathouse in Seattle, Wa. This sounds different and good.
Top Review by LifeIsGood
Excellent! The blueberry salsa is absolutely delicious. I quartered the recipe and didn't add mint (I'm not a huge fan of mint overall). I love the flavor and texture combinations. My husband usually doesn't eat much or any of extra sauces/salsas that accompany the protein, but he went back to put more of the blueberry salsa on his salmon. A first! Tucking this into my best of 2015 file. Thank you!
- 8 salmon fillets
- 2 pints fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 red bell pepper, minced
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup of fresh mint, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a food processor, puree 1/2 the fresh berries.
- Add whole berries and pureed berries into a mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except Salmon) and mix well.
- Brush fillets lightly with oil.
- Position on broiling pan, and place 4 to 5 inches from heat.
- Broil approximately 11 minutes per inch of thickness.
- Serve with blueberry salsa.