Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 lbs sliced carrots
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 sliced red onion, sliced into rings
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 1 cup sugar
- salt and pepper
- To prepare the marinade, Combine ingredients in a saucepan and then heat until boiling.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- When the marinade is cooled, combine with vegetables and chill for approximately 30 minutes.
- Serve as a relish, side dish or over fresh greens.
It is nice when a recipe brings to mind someone who you loved. This recipe was often made by my husband's grandmother who passed away a few years ago. I love carrots done this way. It is a nice side dish anytime but we love them at holiday gatherings. Thanks for posting and helping me recall wonderful memories.
Copper Pennies is one of my altime favorites, but I had never made them. My dear MIL makes them and loves to share them with me. I always thought that they were hard to make. Thanks for proving me wrong.
I love this recipe, I have made this many times over the years and everyone really enjoys it.