Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe has been in my family for years. A nice combination of tart and sweet flavors. Cook time is refrigeration time.
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced into rounds and cooked until just crisp
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate for several hours.
- Serve cold.
We had this with our grilled (outdoors!) burgers tonight and it was great - a nice 'blast from the past' for my Mom, who remembers her mother making this dish. The instructions are a bit too easy....I combined the sauce ingredients and heated them up a bit to blend the sugar, then added the results to the carrots, onions and peppers. It still gets a 5* from me because of the smile on my Mom's face. Thanks Bunkie :)
It is wonderful when a recipe brings back great memories of those who are no longer with us and this recipe does exactly that. It has been a time honored recipe in our family. It also TASTE great!
I love to serve these at a BBQ thanks for sharing