Recipe by hepcat1
I like to keep this on hand in the summertime. My kids eat this up!
Top Review by cajunhippiegirl
We love these. I usually make them for Easter dinner, they go great with the Ham and other items. They are so easy to make and so tasty. Leftovers are great they get better as they sit. Even my DH who doesn't care for carrots likes this dish. Thanks for posting, now I can file it in my cookbook & not have to search for it next time I feel like making these.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled, cooked, and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the sugar, vinegar, oil, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the soup. Mix the carrots, onion, and bell pepper together in a large glass dish; pour the sauce over the vegetables, stir gently to combine, and refrigerate overnight.
- This salad will keep for up to 6 weeks in the refrigerator.