Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great, healthy side-dish to keep on hand in the refrigerator. Good for lunch, with a sandwich. Sweet and tangy taste...great way to get your "Five A Day"!!
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 large green pepper, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
- Slice and cook carrots.
- Add green pepper and onion.
- In medium bowl, mix together tomato soup, vinegar, sugar, worchestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Pour over vegetables and chill overnight.
- Will keep for up to a month in refrigerator.
My DH loves this. I took it to church, and everyone loved it. Thanks. Joan
My Grandmother used to make this when i was little. I have been looking for a recipe that tasted like hers. This is it! Thank you! This is soooooo gooood
This was wonderful and quite addicting. I used Splenda in place of the sugar and it was great! Everyone loved it, even my 20 month old. He even cried for it. Very easy to prepare too. Thank you so much for this awesome recipe!