Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious side dish with a new twist on carrots! One of my 11 year-old's favorites. And it will keep well for weeks.
- 2 lbs carrots, sliced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook carrots 8 to 10 minutes; drain.
- Mix all ingredients well and add to the carrots while carrots are still hot, so the sugar will melt completely.
- Refrigerate for at least 24 hours before serving.