Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's a good marinated carrot salad that holds well and is cheap and easy to make. I don't know which cookbook I got this from. It is in a lot of them for good reason. You need to leave in fridge 24 hours to get flavor.
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 green pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs carrots (can use 2or 3 cans carrots)
- 1⁄2 cup celery
- Slice carrots in rounds and cook until tender but not mushy; drain.
- Thinly slice onion, green pepper and celery; add to carrots.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook for 5 minutes longer. Cool and marinate in fridge for 24 hours.
This is great, even though I didn't let it marinate for the whole 24 hours as stated in the directions - mine marinated for closer to 8 hours and was wonderful with sandwiches. Thanks for sharing this keeper which we will be having often!