Prep 8 mins
Cook 40 mins
great casserole even children will love!!!!! always get compliments on this dish and had gotten it from a magazine years ago and added bread crumbs, and small touches. Have been making it ever since.
- pour cooked cauliflower in a casserole dish for the oven.
- mix water, mayo, onion, mustard, and salt with whisk.
- Poor mixture over cauliflower.
- sprinkle cheese over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle seasoned bread crumbs over top of casserole to cover.
- Heat in a preheated oven at 350 for about 40 minutes depending on your oven.
- Very easy and very good!
Love it! The mustard flavor (I used Dijon) goes very well with cauliflower. Based on previous reviews, I only used about half of the water called for and it was a perfect consistancy. I think you could mix the cheese right in the sauce if you wanted a cheesier sauce. We really loved this and I'll make this again. Thanx!
I can't rate this completely accurately, because I chose not to add the bread crumbs. I thought the flavor and texture of the cauliflower were very good. The finished dish was a bit runny, so I might leave out the water if I were to make it again.
I have to give this recipe 5 stars because my husband said it is one of the best things I've ever cooked!! I liked it, although I made the mistake of using Salad Dressing style Mayo, next time I will use Kraft Mayo or something like that. Also, I think I will just barely steam the fresh cauliflower before baking. It got a little too mushy for my taste. Thanks for a great recipe