- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 -3 1⁄4 lb chicken piece (2 drumsticks, 2 thighs, 2 wings, and each breast half cut in 2 pieces, breastbones discarded)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 3 inches oil in dutch oven to 340°F.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Put flour into shallow bowl.
- In second shallow bowl, whisk milk and egg.
- Dip chicken 1 piece at a time, first in flour, then egg, then flour again to coat.
- Fry chicken, in 2 batches, 8 to 10 minutes per batch, until golden brown and cooked.
- Drain on paper towels.