Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another recipe from our handwritten family cookbook--this one is from my great aunt Olivia (nicknamed Cooter). I never get to make it, since the only person in our house who likes tuna casserole OR anything with mushrooms in it is me, but it's delicious.
- 2 bell peppers, chopped fine
- 2 onions, chopped fine
- 4 stalk celery, chopped fine
- 2 (340.19 g) can tuna, drained
- 2 (595.33 g) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 eggs
- 236.59 ml breadcrumbs
- 14.79 ml butter
- black pepper
- 59.14-118.29 ml grated cheddar cheese (optional)
- Saute peppers, onions and celery in butter until soft.
- Mix all ingredients (including what you just sauteed) well except bread crumbs.
- Pour into greased casserole dish and sprinkle bread crumbs and cheese (if using) over top.
- Cook at 350 degrees F until it starts to bubble and the bread crumbs begin to brown (about 25-35 minutes).
- Serve and enjoy!
Let me be the 1st to review this recipe,Hubby said is was "really good" ,even with honey glazed carrots(from krogers ;) I agree :) Thanks for posting