Recipe by Margie Brock
This cake originated out in the woods by hunters (they are good cooks in Louisiana). It is moist and unbelievably good.
- 1 cup coconut
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for Icing
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all cake ingredients well and pour into a floured and greased 9x13x2-inch pan.
- This will be a thin batter and you will think you have done something wrong but it will be okay.
- Icing: Cream cheese and butter.
- Add sugar and nuts.
- Mix well and pour over cake while hot.