- 1 raccoon, cleaned and fat removed
- water, enough to cover raccoon
- salt, to taste
- 2 large onions, chopped
- pepper, to taste
- lard or vegetable oil
- red pepper flakes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil raccoon with salt and 1 onion chopped until the raccoon is falling off the bones.
- Turn off heat and let cool enough to handle. When cooled, remove meat from the bones.
- In a large skillet, heat oil put in coon,onion,salt and pepper. Sprinkle in red pepper flakes. If coon becomes too dry, add more oil to continue frying. Cook until coon is hashed and browned with some crispy bits.