Recipe by grandma2969
not sure where the recipe or the name comes from..have not tried myself ...yet! the recipe says to seperate 2/3 cup out of cake mix...use remainder in cake recipe..you will need the 2/3 cup mix in topping
Top Review by Manpankwok
My mother has made this for years. I don't know the history of this recipe, but my dad found it printed out in a hardware store in Alabama, believe it or not. It is very much like a pecan pie with a cookie crust. This is very rich and never lasts long when the family is around!
- 18 1⁄4 ounces butter recipe cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup reserved cake mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups Dark Karo syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pecans, chopped, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- mix crust ingredients -- combine well.press in bottom of 13x9" pan -- bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes -- do not let it get too brown --
- to prepare TOPPING:.
- combine all ingredients and mix well.pour over partially baked crust.start cooking at 350*.for about 10 minutes.then turn the oven down to 325*.and continue to cook till center of cake is like a pecan pie.
- do not overcook --
- **I would think the center might still be a little "jiggly".will make this and post additional notes as soon as possible.unless someone beats me to it.