Recipe by SaraFish
Easy to make, with common ingredients! A cooling, invigorating, refreshing gel to pick you up! Great for pregnant moms!
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
This was nice; loved the smell of peppermint in this. I used surgical spirit(rubbing alcohol) as a substitute for witch hazel. Also, I am sure you know, but just for others who may not know, cornstarch is sold in some places with the name "cornflour". I get it in Oman with this name. I made a batch of this gel to give a friend of mine tommorrow for the festival of Janmashtami. I noticed that microwaving this for 2 minutes was alot and the consistency no longer remained like that of honey. It was much more harder. So, next time on, I'll microwave this for just 1 minute. Thanks for sharing, Sara!
- 1⁄2 cup aloe vera gel
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon witch hazel
- 4 drops peppermint extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the aloe vera gel, cornstarch and witch hazel in a small micro safe bowl and microwave until the consistency of honey, for about 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
- Let cool and then stir in peppermint oil.
- Pour into and keep in airtight container.
- To use: massage on legs and feet.