Recipe by LAURIE
My absolute favorite cake of all time! Always a must to make for St. Patrick's Day only because of the color and it tastes great after the corned beef and cabbage.
Top Review by jellyko
I love this cake and have made this often. My recipe has a few variations: I add 4 drops of green food color and 5 drops peppermint extract to cake batter also before cooking. To the cool whip I also add 3 drops food color.
- 1 package white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup green creme de menthe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 jar your favorite chocolate fudge topping (I like Hersheys or Mrs Richardsons)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 tablespoons green creme de menthe
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together cake mix, water, oil, eggs and 1/2 cup creme de menthe.
- Bake in 9x13 cake pan according to cake mix package directions.
- Let partially cool.
- While still warm carefully spread fudge topping over warm cake, sometimes it helps to slightly warm the topping too.
- Cool completely.
- Lightly mix 3 TBS creme de menthe into cool whip.
- Frost cake.