Recipe by grandma2969
This is an old time favorite..that is as delightful to eat as it is to look at...grandkids are charmed with this..
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip, thawed
- 3 -4 drops green food coloring
- 1 pint raspberry sherbet or 1 pint sorbet
- 1 ounce square semisweet chocolate, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Line 1 1/2 quart bowl with plastic wrap.
- Mix 1/2 of the cool whip topping with food coloring in another bowl until well blended. spread on bottom and up sides of prepared bowl.
- Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over green layer. Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- Mix sherbert and chopped chocolate in medium bowl. Spoon into center of whipped topping.
- Freeze at least 4 hours or overnight till firm.
- Invert bowl onto serving plate, remove plastic wrap.
- Let stand at room temperature 5 minutes or until dessert can be cut easily.
- Cut into slices.
- Serve immediately.Store leftover dessert in freezer.