Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great taste--a family favorite--great on a hot summer day or anytime.
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1 (1 pint) container cottage cheese
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin, any flavor
- Combine Cool Whip and Jello together until Cool Whip is softened.
- Add cottage cheese and stir.
- Put in fridge--the longer the more like Jello.
My mom makes this recipe all the time! I just love it!! Make sure you don't use Light Cool Whip though - for some reason it becomes runny like soup! Hence the reason we now have the Smurf Soup joke (mom used blue jello with the Light Cool Whip).
My roommate makes this with lime jello, adding pineapple and mandarins. She calls it monkeydoo!! Easy to make, delicious!
I have been making this dessert for several years and just love it. I use small curd cottage cheese and add canned mandarin oranges and crushed pineapple (drain both well). Fantastic!!