Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Copycat recipe found on the net.
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- 3 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Chill small mixing bowl.
- Soften gelatin with 2 teaspoons cold water,.
- than add boiling water, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cool until tepid.
- Place ice water and nonfat milk in the chilled bowl.
- Beat at high speed until mixture forms soft stiff peaks.
- Add sugar, still beating, then oil and gelatin.
- Place in freezer about 15 minutes then transfer to refrigerator until ready to use.
- Stir before using to retain creamy texture.
- makes 2 cups.
This tasted almost like the real thing, but I got an even easier recipe from my mom. 1 cup of powdered milk, 1 cup powdered sugar, and 1 cup ice water. Whip till fluffy. I think the gelatin in this recipe posted here does help it hold its fluffiness better, like real cool whip does.