Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An Eating for Life recipe. Taco seasoned ground beef, lettuce and tomatoes with a creamy salsa dip.
Make and share this Cool Taco Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium skillet, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain off excess fat. Add water and 1 tsp taco seasoning to the beef and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Cut each pita into 8 wedges and place on baking sheet. Bake for about 7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- While the beef is cooling, combine the remaining taco seasoning, cream cheese, sour cream and salsa in a small bowl. Mix well. Divide and spread this mixture evenly on 2 small plates.
- Spoon a portion of the beef over the sour cream mixture, and top each with half the lettuce, tomato and cheddar cheese.
- Place 8 baked pita wedges on each plate. Serve and enjoy!