Recipe by Joani Bond
A quick summer pasta salad that will definitely be made again! Some of my measurements are not exact, so please experiment.
- 2 cups penne pasta (est)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 roma tomato
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (est)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (est)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta as directed. Once cooked to taste, drain and rinse quickly with cold water.
- While the pasta is cooking, dice the jalapeno and cube the tomato. Add to a bowl.
- Put the corn in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with cling wrap, and heat for 2 minutes, until thawed and tender. Remove the cling wrap (be careful of the steam) and put it into the refrigerator for five minutes.
- Chop the parsley, and add to the bowl.
- Add the corn and pasta, and toss gently with a spoon.
- Add the olive oil, toss with a spoon, and then the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put it back in the fridge until use, or cover for longer-term refrigeration.