Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This refreshing tomato soup is a great cool meal for those hot summer days. If you don't like your food spicy, you can leave out the jalapenos, if you like it spicier, just add a few drops of your favorite hot sauce. You can also try adding other vegetables as well. You can try adding some carrots or celery, or roast the tomatoes, onion, and garlic for an added dimension of flavor. Enjoy!
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1⁄2 large onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 jalapenos, seeded
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Roughly chop the tomato, cucumber, onion, garlic cloves, and the jalapenos, and add them all to a mixing bowl.
- Add the tomato juice, cilantro, chives, worcestershire sauce, vinegar, olive oil, and lime juice to the mixing bowl, and mix together.
- In batches, puree the mixture in a blender, and transfer to another mixing bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic and place in the refrigerator for a few hours to let the flavors blend.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream, and a little bit of fresh cilantro and fresh chives to garnish.