Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
Soup for dessert! How cool is that?? This is so easy and will really impress your guests.
Make and share this Cool Strawberry Soup with Pound Cake Croutons recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half (light cream)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, such as chambord
- 1⁄2 of a prepared poundcake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- mint sprig
- Combine strawberries, banana, half and half, sour cream, orange juice, sugar and raspberry liqueur in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or in a blender; process or blend until smooth; pour into a bowl.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Heat broiler; spread pound cake cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; broil until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes; turn cubes over; broil until lightly browned, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve soup in 6 dessert bowls, or parfait glasses; top with pound cake croutons and mint sprigs.
This was delicious...especially with the croutons. I served it at soup-themed dinner party and everyone loved it.