Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 mins
Soup for dessert! How cool is that?? This is so easy and will really impress your guests.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half (light cream)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons raspberry liqueur, such as chambord
- 1⁄2 of a prepared poundcake, cut into 1 inch cubes
- mint sprig
- Combine strawberries, banana, half and half, sour cream, orange juice, sugar and raspberry liqueur in a food processor fitted with a metal blade, or in a blender; process or blend until smooth; pour into a bowl.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.
- Heat broiler; spread pound cake cubes in a single layer on a baking sheet; broil until lightly browned, 1 to 2 minutes; turn cubes over; broil until lightly browned, another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve soup in 6 dessert bowls, or parfait glasses; top with pound cake croutons and mint sprigs.
This was delicious...especially with the croutons. I served it at soup-themed dinner party and everyone loved it.