Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is named Cool Spinach Soup but I eat it hot. I was nervous about eating this soup at first, but now I adore it! For vegatarians, sub veggie broth for the chicken. If you a vegan, omit the milk or sub soy milk.
- 2 ounces tofu (soft or firm)
- 1 small onion
- 2 cups chopped spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1⁄3 tablespoon olive oil
- Chop onion and drain tofu; set aside.
- In a medium size sauce pan heat olive oil to medium high heat; add onion and sauté until soft, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add spinach, broth and tofu. Bring to a boil; lower heat. Simmer covered, 6-8 minutes, or until spinach is tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Pour mixture into food processor or blender container; puree until smooth. Pour into medium bowl. Stir in milk.
- Cover and refrigerate until well chilled. Garnish with a lemon slice and mint sprig, if desired. Serve.