Prep 3 hrs
Cook 1 hr
This is another recipe from my mom...She is an avid bread maker...I have not tried this yet but she tells me it's really easy to make...just use the dough in whatever you want to make...on the cook time it will vary to what you are making...just bake until brown...I put 1 hour, but could take longer or a little less....
- 2 packages dry active yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 7 -8 cups flour
- Mix yeast in warm water until dissolved.
- Add rest of ingredients and enough flour to make clean away from bowl.
- Cover and place in refrigerator (dough should be a little sticky).
- Let rise 2 hours before using.
- Dough will keep a couple weeks in refrigerator.
- Use with Bierox,cinnamon rolls,or hot rolls Bake at 350 degrees.
Great dough recipe! Very delicious. As an addition, I would NOT cook this for an hour. Start with 20 minutes and add time as needed. Mine was done by the time I got to 25 minutes.
This is an excellent recipe. I did make a few changes, however. I used SAF Red Instant Yeast, which is mixed with the dry ingredients. I used butter instead of oil. I also ground my own flour using a grain mill. I used my KitchenAid professional mixer, which did a wonderful job at kneading and then placed the bowl in the refrig. I baked rolls and tiny loaves of bread every day for about ten days. The dough was versatile and tasty. I use it all the time now and have not eaten store-bought bread since finding it.
My apartment is always cold, so I have a lot of trouble with regular rising doughs, but I love to make my own bread! After trying this recipe, I was impressed, not only by how well the dough rose but the outcome of the cinnamon rolls I was making. Brava!