Recipe by Mrs.J
I found this recipe in a Taste Of Home magazine. I tried it and immediately loved it! My husband immensely enjoyed it as well. It is a light dessert that would be wonderful to serve anytime.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups rhubarb (chopped frest or frozen)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, butter and walnuts. Press into an ungreased 13 inches x 9 inches x 2 inches baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and rhubarb until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool; pour over crust. Chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream until thickened. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Fold in marshmallows. Spread over rhubarb layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream layer; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until set. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cutting.