Recipe by Courtly
My Dad loves rhubarb desserts, so I can't wait to try out this recipe on him! Sounds like a lovely spring dessert. From taste of home. Chilling time is included in cooking time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or 4 cups chopped frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, butter and walnuts. Press into an ungreased 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, water and rhubarb until blended. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Cool; pour over crust. Chill.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream until thickened. Add confectioners' sugar and beat until soft peaks form. Fold in marshmallows. Spread over rhubarb layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Spread over cream layer; sprinkle with coconut. Cover and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until set. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cutting.