Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A really refreshing, summertime cold raspberry soup with a tang from the addition of cranberry-raspberry juice. Hope you enjoy it!
- In a blender, puree raspberries, water and wine.
- Pour into a large saucepan, add the cranberry-raspberry juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves.
- Bring just to the boil over a medium heat.
- Strain into a large bowl, and let cool.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and yogurt, then chill several hours before serving.
This gorgeous soup has become a diva at our family holiday gatherings, with my now-college-age niece its most devoted fan. After my mother presented it one year at Christmas dinner, its festive ruby jewel glow offsetting any concerns about a cold soup in the winter, Melissa insisted it henceforth appear on any menu she could influence. This was one of only two recipes she asked her mother to share, so she could serve it to her college friends. Naturally, she made an enormous batch, and it was all she ate for the next few days until it was gone! The spice of cinnamon and cloves add a complexity to the normally one-dimensional expression of raspberry. Truly exquisite!