Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I made a recipe similar to this using chicken. I had some sliced ham and decided to make a recipe. Bow Tie pasta or Macaroni is used, your choice. Make in the morning, serve in the evening.Chill time is cooking time.
- 2 cups dry bow tie pasta, cooked, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -3 cups cooked ham, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped minced celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pimento stuffed olive
- 3⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk or 1 tablespoon cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In large salad bowl add pasta. Sprinkle with olive oil and toss.
- Add ham, onions, celery, olives.
- Note: You may use green onions if you wish, using most of the tops.
- In small bowl add the dressing ingredients and mix well. Pour over the salad ingredients. Mix well and chill.
- There is no salt because the olives will have salt.
- Chill time is cooking time.
- Just before serving: Sprinkle unsalted sunflower seeds, crushed canned onion rings or chopped nuts on top for garnish.
- Serve with thick toasted garlic bread.