Recipe by Little Bee
Got this off the Keebler site. Quick and delicious! Great to have around for the Holidays!
Top Review by Jenna5
I used a whole bag of peppermint patties. They weren't York, they were whatever store brand was next to them at WalMart. York patties bag is about $5, store brand is about $2.50 instead and work just as great. Thank you Sweetslady and Kzim4 for the reviews and the ideas of using small patties. Buying 8 Peppermint Patties at Walmart would be about $5, and at the grocery store might be $10 because their candy bars are usually around 50-60cents and at grocery stores they are 89 cents to $1.50. So the best bet is to get store brand as stated earlier for $2.50 :) I used skim milk because that is what I had in the fridge. And I couldn't find Keebler but they did have Oreo already made pie crust at Walmart. The Oreo pie crust contrasted well with the peppermint.
I chose this recipe because I look at recipes all the time and I never get around to making them. I knew something this easy and cheap (about $7 total) I would actually do it and I'm glad I did. It tasted great!
- 8 peppermint patties, broken into quarters
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1 keebler ready chocolate wafer pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peppermint patties in a microwave-safe bowl and add milk.
- Microwave high (100%) 30-45 seconds.
- Stir until candy is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Fold in non-dairy whipped topping.
- Spread into crust.
- Cover and place in freezer for at least and hour.