Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This recipe was passed around, and if you have not tried it, maybe you'd like to! A refreshing, healthy treat! I cant wait to try it--maybe you will? 8) Enjoy!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
AN ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING COMBO OF FRUITS in this soup ~ & a very, very nice keeper of a recipe! Was going to make just half a recipe for the 2 of us, but when we got some unexpected company, this was make to order, & everyone loved it! It was even a new experience for several who'd never had a cold fruit soup before! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe as part of my theme, Soup's On!]
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 medium peaches, chopped
- 4 cups raspberry juice or 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- brown sugar, to taste
- sliced strawberry (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients (except the brown sugar& strawberries).
- Bring to a low boil, lower heat, allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Check if the fruit is tender; taste soup to see if you'd like it a bit sweeter (add brown sugar as desired).
- Remove the soup from the burner, letting it cool well.
- Refrigerate and garnish with sliced strawberries if you like.