Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was passed around, and if you have not tried it, maybe you'd like to! A refreshing, healthy treat! I cant wait to try it--maybe you will? 8) Enjoy!
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 medium peaches, chopped
- 4 cups raspberry juice or 4 cups cranberry juice
- 1⁄3 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- brown sugar, to taste
- sliced strawberry (optional)
- In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients (except the brown sugar& strawberries).
- Bring to a low boil, lower heat, allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Check if the fruit is tender; taste soup to see if you'd like it a bit sweeter (add brown sugar as desired).
- Remove the soup from the burner, letting it cool well.
- Refrigerate and garnish with sliced strawberries if you like.
AN ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING COMBO OF FRUITS in this soup ~ & a very, very nice keeper of a recipe! Was going to make just half a recipe for the 2 of us, but when we got some unexpected company, this was make to order, & everyone loved it! It was even a new experience for several who'd never had a cold fruit soup before! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the current Comfort Cafe as part of my theme, Soup's On!]
I served this for my guests and they all raved about it and wanted the recipe for themselves. What they particularly liked was the slight tartness that allowed the taste of the fruit which was not masked by any sweetner other than the natural fruit. The consistancy was not like a smoothie which several other fruit soups that I tried were. The directions were easy and the prep time and serving size were correct. A REAL KEEPER!