1/2 Photos of Cool Oriental Cucumber Salad
I put this recipe together from a lot of different sources after trying in vain to find one I really liked. It has a rather delicate flavor, but you can add a little stronger vinegar if you like. I did research to determine if there was a similar one but couldn't find one. My apologies if it is the same as another.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 14.79 ml pickled ginger
- 2.46 ml sesame oil
- 14.79 ml rice wine vinegar (or white wine vinegar)
- 1.23 ml chili paste (or hot sauce of your preference)
- 4.92 ml sugar (white or brown)
- 2.46 ml minced garlic
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 2 English cucumbers (or seedless or regular)
- 1 red onion
- 1 avocado
- 29.58 ml sesame seeds or 29.58 ml finely chopped peanuts
- 1For dressing, mix first 8 ingredients in a container and shake well.
- 2Refrigerate for a couple of hours to blend the flavors.
- 3Slice onion very thin and place in ice water for half hour.
- 4Dry onion with paper towels before using.
- 5Peel cucumbers and slice thin.
- 6Place in a bowl, pour on dressing and mix well.
- 7Peel and slice avocado.
- 8Arrange cucumbers (don't pour out the dressing), onion, and avocado individually on a plate (they can be mixed but I like the way they look individually).
- 9Drizzle the remaining dressing on the onion and avocado.
- 10Sprinkle with sesame seeds or peanuts.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cool Oriental Cucumber Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 99.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 340.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar
salt and pepper