Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Family Fun had this around Mom's Day for the family to make for her without having to use the oven! :lol: The comments on the website say that the syrup ran. So maybe using chocolate icing would work better. You can buy a small tube at the grocery store. Cook time is chill time in the fridge.
- Slice the pound cake into several horizontal slices about an inch thick.
- Prepare the pudding according to package directions. Mix the pudding with the whipped topping.
- Chop up the fresh fruit you've chosen.
- Layer 2-3 layers of the cake, fruit, and (a little less than half) the pudding mixture in a loaf pan. Then top the cake with the remaining pudding.
- Put the cake in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- When it's chilled, decorate it; we topped ours with trimmed strawberries and mint sprigs.
- Squeeze on a greeting with chilled chocolate syrup. Then serve Mom a sweet treat on her special day.