Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This fruit salad is very easy to make.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 12 ounces mandarin oranges, undrained
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups strawberries, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups green seedless grapes, halved
- 1 cup blueberries (if frozen, thaw and drain)
- 3 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix
- Drain pineapple and oranges reserving juice in small bowl.
- In large bowl combine fruit.
- Sprinkle pudding mix into reserved juice; mix until combined and slightly thickened.
- Fold into fruit until well combined.
- Edited based on reviews: The sauce will be somewhat thin, kind of like a glaze. If you would like it thicker and creamier, mix less of the reserved juice into the pudding mix.
I took this to a potluck and it got rave reviews. I did omit the blueberries (forgot about them). Next time I will also reduce the juice reserved, I felt it was a bit too liquidy and was wanting a thicker sauce. Delicious!
Mmmmm...mmmm. I just made this up for dinner at my moms house tonight. I finally had to put the lid on the bowl to get myself to quit picking at it. YUMMY!! I used sugar free-fat free pudding mix. I only used pineapple, madarins, peaches, 1 bananna and a jar of merachino cherries. It's pretty saucy because I didn't use enough fruits I am sure, but that's ok. It still tastes absolutely delish, and fits into my diet. Thanks so much. Thanks for a yummy salad
For ease, versatility, and presentation this is fabulous! I used sugar-free vanilla pudding and this was just fabulous! Actually, I just finished throwing it together and hubby has yet to register his opinion but there might not be any left for him to try! At least these extra pounds will consist of fresh fruit! Thanks for a keeper!