Recipe by kelly in TO
Light lunch but it would also make a refreshing first course.
Top Review by MrsK
Delicious. (I added a bit of salt to the dressing though.) Even my husband, who doesn't like salads or melon, liked it. If cut with a melon baller, you could serve it in an endive leave, for a more sophisticated look.
- 1 ripe orange-fleshed melon
- 225 g smoked bacon
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley
For the dressing
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the melon in half, scoop out the seeds and cut the flesh into wedges.
- Slice the fruit from the skin then cut the flesh into thick cubes. Keep the pieces generously sized.
- Remove the rinds from the bacon. Grill the bacon - or fry it in a non-stick pan - until crisp, then drain on kitchen paper. Cut or break the bacon into pieces about 2 cm in length. Pull the leaves from the parsley and roughly chop.
- Dissolve the honey in the lemon juice, season with a few grinds of black pepper and beat in the olive oil with a fork or small whisk.
- Add the bacon and parsley to the melon. Pour over the dressing and gently toss, trying not to break up the melon. Divide between two plates and serve.