Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This wonderful salad was one of my MIL's specialties. Everyone looked forward to her bringing to any family occasion. The addition of cottage cheese makes this, for me, a cooling summer lunch, also. Cooking time is actually chilling time
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk (Pet brand preferred)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the gelatin thoroughly in boiling water.
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- Fold in the undrained pineapple.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, blending well.
- fold into gelatin mixture.
- Pour into a 9-x-12-inch dish and chill until firm, 4 hours or overnight.
- I have also made this recipe substituting orange gelatin for the lime and 1 can orange segments, drained, for the pineapple; omit horseradish.