Recipe by Ms B.
Tart, creamy and refreshing for the hot summer days.
Top Review by AJET615
EASY, EAST, and sooo yummy! When you make this, people will think that you are a godess! It's quick and easy to make. I did make low fat fat substitutes for the ingredients: Low-fat frozen yogurt, fat free sweetend condensed milk, reduced fat crust. A little tip, I used limes from my lime tree. It took too long to squeeze them to I juiced them in my juicer. I juiced 6 which yields about 2/3 cup.
- 4 -5 limes
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- From limes, finely grate 4 teaspoons peel and squeeze 2/3 cup lime juice.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, stir undiluted condensed milk, lime peel, and lime juice until well blended.
- Whisk ice cream into condensed milk mixture and evenly blend.
- Pour ice cream mixture into pie crust.
- Freeze at least 6 hours or until firm.
- If not serving pie same day, wrap and freeze up to 1 week.
- To serve, uncover pie and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften for easier slicing.
- May serve with whipped cream and additional lime peel slivers for garnish.