Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Tart, creamy and refreshing for the hot summer days.
- 4 -5 limes
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- From limes, finely grate 4 teaspoons peel and squeeze 2/3 cup lime juice.
- In large bowl, with wire whisk, stir undiluted condensed milk, lime peel, and lime juice until well blended.
- Whisk ice cream into condensed milk mixture and evenly blend.
- Pour ice cream mixture into pie crust.
- Freeze at least 6 hours or until firm.
- If not serving pie same day, wrap and freeze up to 1 week.
- To serve, uncover pie and let stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften for easier slicing.
- May serve with whipped cream and additional lime peel slivers for garnish.
EASY, EAST, and sooo yummy! When you make this, people will think that you are a godess! It's quick and easy to make. I did make low fat fat substitutes for the ingredients: Low-fat frozen yogurt, fat free sweetend condensed milk, reduced fat crust. A little tip, I used limes from my lime tree. It took too long to squeeze them to I juiced them in my juicer. I juiced 6 which yields about 2/3 cup.
This was the perfect dessert. I was looking for something light and refreshing and this was it. Instead of a graham cracker crust I used chocolate. There's none left, but I plan on making it again very soon. Thanks for an easy, tasty dessert.