Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
My favorite cheese cake. From Taste of Home. Fantabulous. Needs to chill overnight.
Top Review by Megan V
I also found this recipe in Taste of Home years ago and it was actually the first cheesecake I ever made. I was in high school at the time and I made it for my Dad's birthday. I was so proud and everyone loved it. I now enjoy making it for my family. Thanks for posting!
- 2 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice (I use fresh squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- whipped cream
- lime slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add sour cream and flour; beat well.
- Beat in eggs on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in lime juice, vanilla and food coloring if desired just until mixed.
- Pour into crust.
- Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches of hot water; place in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water-filled pan and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan (May need to run a knife around the rim to loosen from sides of pan).
- Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices.