Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 3 mins
My favorite cheese cake. From Taste of Home. Fantabulous. Needs to chill overnight.
Make and share this Cool Lime Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 20 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice (I use fresh squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 drop green food coloring, optional
- whipped cream
- lime slice
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine crumbs and sugar; stir in butter.
- Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the side of a greased 10-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes; cool.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add sour cream and flour; beat well.
- Beat in eggs on low speed just until combined.
- Stir in lime juice, vanilla and food coloring if desired just until mixed.
- Pour into crust.
- Place cheesecake/pan in a large rectangular baking pan filled with 2 inches of hot water; place in oven and bake for 50-55 minutes or until center is almost set.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and water-filled pan and cool on a wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove sides of pan (May need to run a knife around the rim to loosen from sides of pan).
- Garnish with whipped cream and lime slices.
I also found this recipe in Taste of Home years ago and it was actually the first cheesecake I ever made. I was in high school at the time and I made it for my Dad's birthday. I was so proud and everyone loved it. I now enjoy making it for my family. Thanks for posting!
Follow-up--The cheesecake turned out great even with the leakage mishap. This is an amazing cheesecake! I'll make it again. It's a perfect marriage of refreshing lime and creamy cheesecake. Waiting for it to chill is is the hardest part.
This cheesecake was, as you say, FANTABULOUS! I made it for a family dinner party last night and it was a huge hit. The cheesecake is very light, unlike some that are more dense and heavy. This was the perfect ending to our Mexican style feast. Some of our guests even enjoyed seconds!