1/6 Photos of Cool Hot Purses
Grilling meat is easy. This recipe takes the "work" out of nutritional vegetable side dishes that accompany many picnics. This recipe can be prepared one to two hours ahead of time, placed in cooler and carried off to the park or backyard for later grilling. There's something about grilled vegetables that make them oh so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 red jalapeno chile
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups spinach
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chicken breasts (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil (or freshly chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper (or to taste) or 1/2 teaspoon sodium-free seasoning (or to taste)
- 1Marinade bite size pieces of boneless skinless chicken breasts in two tablespoons of oyster sauce for thirty minutes to 24 hours in advance.
- 2Wash, peel and slice potatoes in half lengthwise then slice again the same. Cut into slightly larger than bite-size pieces.
- 3Wash vegetables then cut them at a 45 degree angle into thin slices.
- 4Cut mushrooms in half then slice into medium-thick pieces.
- 5Toss the above ingredients in large bowl with olive oil.
- 6Add chopped broccoli, chopped spinach and minced garlic and toss again.
- 7Tear four to six square foot pieces of aluminum foil, lay them on a flat surface and spray with non-fat cooking spray.
- 8Equally divide combined vegetables and place in center of each foil square.
- 9Sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper.
- 10Bring opposite corners of foil together and scrunch tightly forming into the shape of a closed purse or small handbag leaving one half inch airspace for steam.
- 11Place on grill or in 350 preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- 12Remove from grill/oven and open carefully as very hot steam escapes immediately from the foil "purse" upon opening.
- 13Eat directly from the foil purse or empty onto plate with prepared main dish (meat). Garnish with fresh tomatoes and or parsley.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cool Hot Purses
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: